Sök efter innehåll på anslagstavlor

O'Donnells of Dingle

O'Donnells of Dingle

Inlagd: 962020800000
Klassificering: Fråga
Redigerad: 1026418551000
Efternamn: O'Donnell, O'Shea, Baker, Toomey
Gr-gr grandmother Mary O'Donnell was born 1836 on Dygate Lane, Dingle town to Dennis O'Donnell/Mary O'Shea, both of whom may have been from Anascaul Parish originally. Other children born to Dennis & Mary between 1825-1836 were Catherine, Thomas, Ellen, Patrick, Joan, and the above mentioned Mary. Mary and Catherine immigrated from Dingle to South Hadley, MA c. 1850, then to Brattleboro, VT c. 1855. Mary married John Toomey of County Cork, and Catherine married Patrick Baker of County Kerry. Ellen O'Donnell ended up in Brooklyn, New York and never married. Any descendants of these O'Donnells out there?

O,Donnells of Dingle

Geoff Reynolds (Granska inlägg)
Inlagd: 962625600000
My wifes maiden name was O,Donnell, She is the Great Great Grandaughter of Thomas O,Donnell who was born in 1829 in John Street, Dingle, Kerry.Thomas was the son of Dennis O,Donnell and Mary O Shea of Anascaul Parish Conty Kerry.
Thomas joined the British army in 1846 serving in the 67th Regiment of Foot he served for 18 years and left the Army on 14th December 1864.On leaving he settled in Hartland in North Devon England.I am still researching into his marriage but what is known is that he had at least one son and five Grandchildren, Edith who died when young, Frances, Harriet,Harold, and Thomas. Thomas was my wifes Grandfather I personally new Thomas Harriet and Frances as i married my wife 20 years ago and they all died within the last 20 years Thomas married Doris Pengilly in 1935 and they had a son Alan O,Donnell my wifes father. Doris is still alive a sprightly 86 year old. Alan married a Pearl Pengelly in 1960 and they had 2 children Sandra Mary O,Donnell my wife and Patrick Leslie Thomas O,Donnell my Brother in Law.All still live in Hartland.I will search through my wifes family archives to find more information on the other members of the family but i am happy to tell you that the O,Donnell family is alive and flourishing in North Devon I hope this is of use to you and it would be great to hear from our "cousins over the water" Kind regards Geoff and Sandra Reynolds

To my cousins, the O'Donnells

Inlagd: 962712000000
Redigerad: 1026418551000
Efternamn: O'Donnell
Wow, I had no idea there were cousins of mine living in England--it looks like Sandy & I are 4th cousins. My gr-gr grandmother, Mary O'Donnell (1836-1908), married John Toomey in Brattleboro, VT 1859 & had 9 children; sadly, she outlived 7 of them. Her oldest was Michael Toomey (1861-1901); he married Mary Sullivan 1885 in Brattleboro, they had 8 children. The 6th was my Grandmother, Alice Toomey (1897-1989). She married James Ashe (son of Matt Ashe & Bridget Doyle of Dingle Parish)in Holyoke, MA, 3 children. The 2d is my mother, Jean Ashe (1926-1994). Jean married George Bubnash 1953 & I'm their oldest & have 5 children of my own. There certainly must be more O'Donnells over here in America (descended from Dennis O'Donnell), but I"ve never been able to find any. My Grandmother told me that in the mid-1930's she was paid a visit by a Denny O'Donnell who was some kind of cousin, but then she never saw him again & doesn't know what the relationship was. I'd love to exchange more specific information if you'd like to e-mail me your address--
Suzanne
per sida

Hitta en anslagstavla för ett visst ämne